Sunday, October 3, 2010

Um...Where's Our House?

.

If you were a fly on the windshield, this is what you would have heard as we drove home from Lexington, VA yesterday. With all the traveling we've been doing, we've begun to get a little confused at times. You know the feeling you have when you leave a store and can't remember where you parked your car? Well, we seem to be able to locate our “toad” (car, tow vehicle) okay, but can't remember where we've parked the RV. All the campgrounds we've lived in since we left 5 months ago are beginning to meld together in our brains. Sometimes it takes a minute to remember which park we're at now.

We've been blessed to be able to stay in some really nice places here on the East Coast. Cherry Hill Park was great, although we didn't spend a whole lot of time there, as the purpose of that stay was to visit my sister in D.C., who (whom?) I haven't seen in years. It was so great to see her and the area that she so enjoys living in. It's not hard to see why. Take a look at the view from the top of her apartment building! How many national monuments/memorials do you see? Sorry, I'm sure you could see them better if I HAD A LENS THAT WOULD FOCUS!!! I'll be able to do something about that soon, I hope!

In Staunton,Virginia, we stayed at a nice little KOA campground where we parked the rear of the RV so that it hung over the edge of a beautiful pond. And it was lovely. Until the rain began! It rained so hard, for so long, that the pond rose up over its banks. We had one semi-sleepless night there, from fear that we may need to move to higher ground, but we were fortunate enough to have been on the high end of the pond, so we were fine. I did enjoy photographing the many ducks that frequented the pond. Looking back though, I wonder if I may have been missing a hint that they did not appreciate being photographed.

The Shenandoah Valley of Virginia is so beautiful. My sister was adamant that we take a drive on Skyline Drive. With all the rain there, I thought we were going to have to miss it, but the Lord is good and blessed us with 2 days of beautiful sunshine that we took full advantage of. We took the 6 hour drive along Skyline Drive, where I found myself speechless so many times along the way. All I could say was, “Wow! Wow, thanks Sis, for suggesting it. I really hated to leave Virginia this morning. I'd love to stay put there and bask in the beauty of the area much longer, but it's too cold there!!! .

We're currently on our way to Myrtle Beach where we plan to park the RV only steps away from the ocean and where I plan to wear out my sunglasses. But with the lack of traffic on highway 38 at the present time, Trev is wondering if there's a hurricane we haven't heard about. It looks okay; I guess we'll see. The weather's been pretty crazy all over the country, so be careful out there and as always, I hope you enjoy the hazy, unfocused pictures I'm sending your way.

Love,
Trevor and Roni

1 comment:

  1. This was such a humorous post. I loved it and got a good laugh. I do so love the Shanandoah Valley too! I'm thankful for your safety.

    So glad that you guys are now making your way south, and that we'll soon have another brief visit with you before you continue on your way. If you need a place to stay while the RV is getting repaired, you can come here if that will work out for you.

    Looking forward to seeing you soon.

    Christy

    ReplyDelete